Thursday, May 21, 2009

bonus post: A stranger's touch.

I was glad to read this article since I'm interviewing the Nail Salon's owner. And I'm also working at the Nail Salon. It is true that there's thin border line between being personal and professional since worker has to work with customer one to one. I wouldn't say that work itself is hard but, dealing with the customer's feeling is definitely exhausting! Especially for those who can't speak English well has tough time to understand the customer's need and to respond accordingly. I have worked with many immigrant workers and they all agreed that there's not much of choices for them to chose for jobs. Working at Nail salon helps them financially and also to learn how to speak English, perhaps learn the American culture from the customers. It is also true that it requires long hours of work and can be physically demanding.

1 comment:

  1. I like the connection here between your research and this piece.

    ReplyDelete