Thursday, April 23, 2009

post #5

Am I part of the global economy? how do I participate in the global economy?
I'm currently working at the nail salon, which is providing services for customers. However, all products that we use in our store are from all over the world. Some are made in China, Mexico, and India. Plus, as a consumer, I believe everythings that I purchased from stores (clothings, products for home, etc.) are made from different countries.
Even though I have known that those factories in poor countries are terrible, it was shocking to see that in the film Mardi Gras. How poor the working conditions are in those countries! For the consumer, it's better to purchase the cheaper products but what can be done to help those factories to improve their working condition? In order for those workers get higher wages, does that mean that we as a consumers has to pay more for the products?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I just realized that everything from my house is indeed from another country.

    ReplyDelete